from fat to thin

Thursday 22 September 2011

My Life

First I must apologise for my absence, just in case you noticed. It wasn't of my making but the fact that my computer cable broke at the point of connection to my laptop. Apart from telepathically transmitting my blog it as been a case of wait, for the postman, that is. I still don't have a new wire but i have managed to fiddle with the old one to get it to connect and stay on but for how long, i do not know.

But this is my life!

Several months ago i had a fall, in fact slip, down a flight of house stairs causing pain and swelling and lots of bruising on the four corners of my body, my knees and my shoulders, to be exact. However most of the bruising and the pain subsided but alas not the pain in my left knee, the pain of such joint just grew and grew and grew until i couldn't walk on it and could just about stand on it.

Further tests have shown that i now have marked osteoarthritis in that joint and in my other knee too but the left one is the troublesome one. I am in pain, all the time, The pain can be of a jack-hammer proportion and i mark that 8 out of 10. With sufficient analgesia i can usually get this down to 2 or 3 out of 10. However the fact remains i am in pain all the time. So my life now revolves around pills and physio, the later being rather if not all, very successful, thankfully.

I can now walk with 1 or 2 crutches depending on what mark my pain gets for the day and /or the arm of my BFF, who has more patience then a saint, which is another thing i am thankful for too. There are two things that i need to do to try and aid my recovery, 1) lose weight, and 2) keep mobile, - exercise, any and all, including walking. The journey will be long and arduous and the alternative is a replacement knee but right now i'm very attached to the old one and would like to keep it as long as possible. A plan i need, a plan i shall devise and go from there. Updates will be given at intervals but i would like to think i send out hope rather then pity, as in oh pity me, please. 

However would someone like to put my socks on my feet because i can't bend that far and it's getting colder day by day. Thanks.





No comments:

Post a Comment