from fat to thin

Monday 5 September 2011

Be of Christ

To daily walk in Christ's footsteps is something i find difficult. Honest! Every day i read the scriptures, i say my prayers, i try to be kind to others and generous with my time and my talents. I do not steal, i try to be honest, i certainly don't openly tell a lie and i don't think i've murdered anyone. 

But is it enough?

The Apostle Paul tells the Corinthians that the natural man is an enemy to God and that we need to take off the natural man to become true followers of Christ. He calls it walking in the Spirit of Christ. The Dalai Lama says for those who find themselves on this high plain find themselves walking alone. I know it is not God's will for me to walk this life alone. Christ himself bent low and came among those that were considered outcasts by their peers, their family and even those they would have once called friend.

I know that God wants me to be in the world but not of it. Let me explain. There are many good things in the world for us to seek out. Good things to learn, films that will make us laugh but there are also things in the world that leave me shocked, my spirit crying out for mercy and my heart sad. It is these latter things that we are counselled to avoid whenever and wherever possible. I try not to walk pass a beggar if they petition me but that does not mean i have to become like them. I may reach down and help another but i don't have to walk their path. I can have a friendship with someone whose path in life i would not chose to follow, i may not like the sin but i can still love the sinner. 

I know when i send i pray out - how can i do this better? - i know the Lord Jesus Christ will show the way and i know it will not always be easy but the reward will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment