from fat to thin

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Love is ... a big old sofa

I have one of those, a big, old, sofa. 

The children have jumped on it, run on it, laughed on it, laid on it, watched TV on it, ate their dinner sitting on it and even shared their dinner with it, slept on it, read books, and done homework whilst sitting on it and listened to the words of the Lord whilst it's just sat there. Last Christmas my daughter dropped onto it and it broke and after a moment of absolute horror i couldn't stop myself from laughing. I knew that it wasn't her dropping onto it that had broken it, but it was all of the above.

Love is ... a big old sofa! 

You know the kind? The ones where you sit down and the whole sofa seems to envelope you, wrap you in the love that has been left there over the years. New sofa's are good, they look nice but my big old sofa has all the memories of a life time wrapped in its fibres. 

That same daughter heads off to university on Sunday, i am so proud of her i could burst, but the memories will always stay behind. I will always remember the day she broke the big old sofa.

'Charity suffereth long, and is kind, charity envieth not, charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up... Charity never faitheth ...' (1 Corinthians 13:4,8)

1 comment:

  1. lol made me laugh as i sit on our big old sofa waiting for a package to be delivered for that very same daughter. And even though imm not sure if i was there when she broke it i still remeber it being told to me. This sofa will probably nt last much long but the house im sure will still carry those memories on :)x its emily by the way just didnt know my google password lol

    ReplyDelete