from fat to thin

Thursday 29 September 2011

Be Wise! Be Wise!


‘O that cunning plan of the evil one! O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise,...’ (2 Nephi 9:28)
I would say that I am a reasonably intelligent person of average demeanour with average faculties. So why, oh why do I do it? I know I shouldn’t eat all that rubbish, a treat is one thing, however many treats in one go is rubbish. None of it had any nutritional value. In fact sugar as no nutritional value at all and honey only slightly so no matter what the hype says, it’s still sugar. 
I wouldn’t mind so much if my insides didn’t react so badly to all this so called ‘nice food’. Actually I have a theory, no idea how I would prove it though? I only began to have digestion problems such as mild IBS when the manufacturer’s started using soya in manufactured cakes and chocolate until then I wouldn’t have gone near a soya product if there was nothing left to eat. Okay maybe I would have done but only when and if I was desperate.  Manufacturer’s use soya as emulsifiers, such as they would have used butter previously. Butter may taste better but it’s more expensive, however soya is so much cheaper. I never have any problems when I home bake, but then I wouldn’t use soya. And I can always taste it and it’s foul, bad, bad, bad. 
I also have a certificate in nutrition and I give advice to my patient’s about diet. So why, oh why do I do it? It’s all to do with the fact that although I have learnt the do’s and the do not’s in theory I have not actually learnt to put them into practice, I have not used wisdom. Oh foolish man (woman) that I am. Will I have learnt by the end of a week the do’s and the do not’s? Probably not because I am foolish and slow to learn so God will just have to keep reminding me again and again, which I’m sure he will, that some foods are best eaten very, very sparingly.
8am
2 boiled eggs and 2 slices of toast with little butter
Orange juice
1pm
Vegetable curry and rice – home made
Slice of chocolate cake
6pm
Cream puffs and Philadelphia
Cake
2 pineapple slices
9pm
Banana sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment