from fat to thin

Wednesday 26 October 2011

This and That

That's what most people eat, a bit of 'this' and bit of 'that' but we rarely think about what food our bodies actually need or how much it needs. In short we eat to eat and not eat to live. Well, i realised that was just what i was doing and it wasn't good and it certainly didn't have a positive affect on my body.

I had got into the habit of going into certain shops and buying chocolate and chocolate biscuits and there is nothing wrong with doing so as long as it's only now and then but for me it can be several days a week. I've stopped doing it. I've acknowledged the fact that i do it and that i need to quit and now i'm chocolate addict in recovery - for now.

There is another sort of 'this' and 'that', that we as humans think we should indulge in and that is buffet resaurants. I went to lunch with a friend at a really nice one today. There was plenty of 'this' and lots of 'that'. I on the otherhand are a buffet restaurants dream. I go in, i sit down, i eat a starter, a main and a dessert and that's it. Even when i go to a well-known pizza restaurant, which i love, i eat 2 maybe 3 slices of pizza and salad, then i'm done.

Dessert is nice, yes, it's really nice and if we only go out to dinner occasionally we should definately indulge but not every day. I've switched to fruit which i found i didn't eat enough of, so i changed that too and i'm trying to eat at least a portion of fruit with each meal. For some it is easy but for me it means i need to make a change, a permanent one.


No comments:

Post a Comment