from fat to thin

Monday 3 October 2011

Monday, Monday


Well here I am. This is the day when life changes for good. But first, a little self evaluation; I am fat because I eat too much and exercise too little. Calories in – calories out = too much/too little/or just right. It is quite obvious from my scales that the first is correct in my case. It matters not what the food is, more what the food isn’t.


I think in all my rushing around over the years, working, bringing up my family, church and friends I have forgotten one important thing – ME!


In the scheme of things I can see how I could have done such a thing but now it’s time to find me and put ME back in the centre of the picture. I would like to take this opportunity to state for the record that if my picture doesn’t look the way you think it should, then it’s just tough, hard lines. My advice to you is this, draw your own picture, of yourself and concentrate on that one and not on mine. Draw the outline, fill in the contours and create the work of art God intended you to be.


One more piece of advice; change your life before you have too. I started to a few years back and made a big indentation in my shape and my life. However I fooled myself into believing that I had done enough, I had lost 8stone and that was enough, I didn’t need to lose the rest but I knew deep down that that wasn’t the case. Now i have run out of options, do it or give up on my life.


Since I have been off work I had added 21lbs to my bum, yeah I think it’s all on my bum? It’s not doing me any good there and I don’t need it for winter storage not even in the UK. Part of the problem is that most of the women in my family are good at individual food storage and that’s not a good thing.


If I quickly analyse my findings of last week’s food intake, bearing in mind I didn’t include what I had to drink, I find that I eat too much added sugar and too little fruit and vegetables. Also if I plan I eat better, If I come in ruffled and unplanned i open the fridge and pick ‘that’ and take out whatever is available instantly it’s often the wrong thing. Lunch with my friend is a good thing, twice a week providing I don’t carry on eating those same foods every day. A certain retailer contains all the things I love so I need to chose more wisely and plan what I am going to eat. 


And remember – my body is a temple and I am divine - it's my new mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment