from fat to thin

Thursday 6 October 2011

I Promise You


I didn’t really know what to write today but those three words kept coming to my mind – I Promise You – 

I began to think about the promises God has made to me, an unimportant nobody someone so small in the great scheme of things I am almost invisible, but still I am here and He sees me.

God promised me the following:-

-          I will always tell you the truth, you may not always like it but it will still be the truth

-          I will never leave you, no matter how hard you push me away I’ll never be further then you can reach

-          I will carry you, when you are no longer able to stand let alone walk

-          I will feed you daily, all you need to do is come unto me and eat and drink

-          I will not forsake you, when the days are long and the nights even longer I will always be there

-          I will always answer, all you have to do is call my name

‘Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.’ (Matthew 11:28-30)

The Promises’ of God are sure but yet we mere mortals somehow miss these two words. Or maybe it’s just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment