from fat to thin

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Back to Basics


When my daughter asked me a year ago how to get back to God, I told her to go back to the basics. Pray, read Scriptures and go to church. I knew that if she did these three things God would tell her what to do next and I know he did. I told her that she needed milk and not meat – to paraphrase. 

The Apostle Paul first tells the Corinthians ‘I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet are ye able’ (1 Cor 3:2) and then to the Hebrews ‘For when the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat’ (Heb 5:13).  

If we were to feed a new baby with meat it would be of little or no value to the child as it would be unable to digest the meat. Sometimes even as an adult we need to partake of the milk before we can eat of the meat. 

Today I went to see the occupational health doctor and I was hoping she would say that I could go back to work in some capacity or other but she still deems me as unfit. It did not make me feel good. It made me feel useless, unnecessary or no consequence as nothing. 

I came home, ate some food and sat down to write this blog only to find the words of the scriptures above going round in my head. God was telling me that I am still not strong enough and must partake of the milk a little longer. Today I didn’t hear the words I wanted to hear from the doctor but God said be patient and trust me having faith that I will not forsake thee and never leave thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment