from fat to thin

Wednesday 30 November 2011

the true meaning of Christmas

Lots and lots of people out there at the moment are posting about the true meaning of Christmas and i don't want to take away from that but let me share a few thoughts with you today.

- 22% of the population of the UK live in poverty every day

- 1.6 million children live in poverty in the UK

- 200 people living  on the streets of London, died last year (2010)

- 1 in 5 adults never give to charity in the UK

- if you were asked to give 10% of your income to charity would you?

"For i was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, Lord, when saw thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying Verily I say it unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me." 
Matthew 25:42-45


No comments:

Post a Comment