Lots and lots of people out there at the moment are posting about the true meaning of Christmas and i don't want to take away from that but let me share a few thoughts with you today.
- 22% of the population of the UK live in poverty every day
- 1.6 million children live in poverty in the UK
- 200 people living on the streets of London, died last year (2010)
- 1 in 5 adults never give to charity in the UK
- if you were asked to give 10% of your income to charity would you?
"For i was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, Lord, when saw thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying Verily I say it unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me."