from fat to thin

Saturday 2 July 2011

Gratitude - Humilty

This week's lesson for me was in humilty. To me humilty means to be teachable and none of us know everything but we all know something. But sometimes we know the benefits of doing a certain thing the Lord as asked us to do but we still don't do it.


  • Malachi 3:8

    8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

    I attend a church where we follow this commandment and i do know that we are blessed by doing it, because i have been blessed in the past but yet when money gets tight and it really is at the moment it's usually the first thing i stop paying. However it plays on my conscience that i am not paying it and right now we really need those blessings that come when we obey God's law.


    Malachi 3:10

    10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
I paid a 10% tithe not a 5% or a 15% that's not what the Lord requires just last Sunday knowing full well that we do not have enough money to pay all the bills, and buy food for the rest of the month. On Wednesday evening my Home Teachers came and message was Tithing. I was asked did i know what the blessings of paying tithing were and i replied 'not right now'.

These are the blessings that have come in just one week from keeping just this one commandment of God. Did i suddenly become rich by winning the lottery, no i dont even play it. So here they are;

- a much needed bus ticket
- money for my girls
- dinner on Sunday
- my daughter was paid more in her salary therefore i recieved more board money
- free lunch
- food shopping that didn't seem to cost enough
- someone gave me £120
- having enough to fulfil our needs
- a beautiful morning
- a restful heart
- learning a forgotten lesson
- God loves ME



The Law of Tithing is not about the money it's about obedience and through obedience we are blessed. The Lord does not expect us to pay all that we have but when all that we is not enough then we have nothing to lose. But how much more blessed are we when we are not compelled to be humble but we do it first?

No comments:

Post a Comment