from fat to thin

Thursday 4 August 2011

Keep Calm for Ladies

I was going to write my blog this morning but as usual when I have a great plan something happens. This morning I had no internet connection. It said I needed to reset the router, which would have been fine if my son wasn’t asleep in the room where the router is and if it hadn’t of been so early.


Yesterday my friend brought me a very late birthday present, well I’m presuming that is what it was as my birthday is actually in June, but i will let her off this time as she does live in Luxembourg. Maybe time is different there? Maybe it is actually June??


Putting all that to one side, it was good just to see her. Part of the gift was a small book titled ‘Keep Calm for Women.’ It’s a little book full of useful/less quotes, some are funny but here are a few of my own when stressed;


*      Eat chocolate – i went to see my doctor the other day and apart from him looking about 12, he actually said that women need to eat chocolate, it’s been proven that women benefit from it


*      Giggle – find a few girl friends and giggle, boys just don’t giggle


*      Don’t believe you can solve everything – you can’t always solve problems on your own so get others in to help when necessary


*      Find some space – go to your room and shut the door, sit in garden, go for a stroll, leave the house and find some ME time


*      Delegate – we didn’t get the usual dinner last night because it wasn’t my turn but no one starved either


*      Buy flowers, or scented candle or something that looks pretty and/or smells nice


*      Accept – sometimes we just have to accept that we can’t change what is going on in our lives and only time will tell.


‘It is utterly false and cruelly arbitrary to put all the play and learning into childhood, all the work into middle age, and all the regret into old age.’ Margaret Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment