from fat to thin

Thursday 19 May 2011

Live with a purpose

Day 6




Do you realise that even trees have purpose?

Eve had a purpose. She was the Mother of all living and without her all mankind wouldn't have become mortal.

Mary the Mother of Jesus Christ had a divine purpose, to be the vessel of the Son of God. To teach him has he grew and to watch him die for all mankind.

I dont really know what my purpose is! How do you define a person's purpose?

In Psalms 8:4-6 we read:

4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him?
and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels,
 and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands;
thou hast put all things under his feet.

God is mindful of us. He knows us and he knows our purpose. He has made us just a little lower then the angels and will one day crown us with glory. Therefore my purpose becomes simple; to take upon me the name of Christ, to always remember Him and to keep His commandments and He promises me that if i this then i will have His spirit to be with me always. (D&C 20:77)

Sounds easy?

But to live as God would have me live every moment of every day, the thought makes my mind race. Just to have one moment of my life exactly has God would have me live it that's more then my mortal brain can comprehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment