from fat to thin

Sunday 29 May 2011

A life's story

Red for every day, Flowers for the thoughts that keep me awake, and Footprints for my Gifts from God

I started writing a Journal when i was about 13 years old, just a few years ago. Some of them contained, pictures, things i had collected, assorted nic-nac and bibs and bobs but they all contained me.


'And after I had made these plates by way of commandment, I Nephi, received a commandment that the ministry and the prophecies, the more plain and precious parts of them, should be written upon these plates; and that the things which were written should be kept for the instruction of my people, who should pocess the land, and also for other wise purposes, which purposes are known unto God.'


Even from the early days we were commanded to keep sacred records. Our dealings with God and with each other. Now i'm no great prophet, celebrity nor am i famous for anything that i am aware of, well, not up to now anyways.
So why do i write?

“For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ and to be reconciled to God; and we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.
“And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know. …” (2 Ne. 25:22–23, 26.)

Theodore M Burton states that 'Your personal history may be one of the most persuasive witnesses of the gospel your family will ever hear.' (1977)

So what do i write? At the beginning of each Journal i write my testimony of the things that i know to be true and i complete each Journal with the sentiments. I write my life, the ups, the downs, the good bits and the bad. I write about my children and my extended family when appropriate. I write about my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the witnesses i recieve through the Holy Ghost of the truth. But just has Nephi stated i dont have the room to write of things of the world for i know that those things will be contained in other records.

Who do i write for? My children's children's children and for all those that follow me after i am gone. I dont expect my Journal's to become the most sort after book but i hope that in the future those that follow me will see that i was normal and that i survived because even though i got mad at God i still put my trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment